Mobile tagging involves placing specialised 2 dimensional codes (QR codes) in publications, websites, outdoor, or just about anywhere and having consumers simply scan them by taking a photo with their mobile device.
The ProductQR codes look similar to barcodes used now in the supermarket or retail environment and once you scan them
they will automatically connect you to mobile content such as WEB pages, M Vouchers, special offers, maps,e-cards and much more.
How can it be used?There are plenty of ways you can use mobile tagging with QR codes to enable your customers access to information in a quick, precise and customer-driven manner.
Key benefits include:
- URLs: Scan a QR code on a burger wrapper and go straight to the website for nutritional information. The
QR code contains URL information.
- Downloads: Scan the QR code on a movie poster and receive the trailer on your phone.
- Instant TXT: Scan a QR code and instantly send a prepopulated TXT to enter a competition.
- Display TXT: Scan the QR code on an advertisement or product sheet to request a call back from a CSR who can provide further information.
- Business card: Scan a QR code on a business card and receive the e-business card straight to your contacts list.
How do QR codes work?QR codes really are easy to use. As long as you have a compatible phone with a QR reader installed, it’s as simple as taking a photo.
Once you have installed the reader, the rest is simple;
- Open up your reader
- Take a photo of the QR code and your mobile will do the rest